Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer visit to Cleveland



In the middle of a relaxing season I find myself going back to a place where memories still dancing in the top of my head.  The homers by Jim Thome, Manny Ramirez, and Albert Belle.  The plays by Robby Alomar, Travis Fryman, the speed on the bases of Kenny Lofton and the roar of the fans in every game at the old Jake have a special place in my heart.  

The first weekend of July, right after indenpendance day, I have been invited to be part of a ceremony that will take part in the city of Cleveland and, as you know, I couldn’t refuse the opportunity to be back around the people that really embraced me as one of them.  I’m talking about the Cleveland Indians Fans.  No doubt that in those 90’s years, there were no fans that could compare to you.  The support that you guys showed during those years reflected on each and all of us by winning games and pennants right after the other and sharing with you most of our adventures on and off the field. 

This time I will be throwing the first pitch from the mound, celebrating a bobblehead day, having a gallery show and making other appearances throughout the city.  While I don’t have the exact schedule of all the events yet, we will be posting all the info both on Twitter (vizquelomar13) and the website (www.omarvizquel.com) coming up as we know more.

So stay tuned and save the date so you can come and share with us some of the new things that are happening in my life. 

Best regards,

Omar

4 comments:

  1. Cleveland awaits you with open arms, Omar. We love you here, and always will. Thanks for giving all of us Clevelanders so many great memories, and so much fun! All best wishes to you in this new phase of your stellar career. I wish you were here full-time, coaching the Indians infielders--and someday managing the team! Thanks again, take care, and we'll see you in July...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omar: I sent you a registered letter to @ CA Angels and left you 2 phone messages - have u received either of them?

    The letter was in regards of asking for your help by considering supporting me if i were to snail mail post cards to the CA Angel players about the Nutrilite Perfect Pack to help add to their performance - would you be willing to let them know you do use it and it as helped you, which will be helping me as a disabilied gentleman work my way off of disability income...

    Sir would you plz consider helping out like that?
    Sincerely,
    Mark, a fan of yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omar...I am without a doubt your biggest fan (female, at least...lol). In 1998 I met you at Beechwood Mall near Cleveland where you presented me with one of your original oil paintings that I won from being in your fan club! It was during your fashion show. It's called Men On Space and I treasure it! Will you be at the GPS Gallery in Rocy River next week so I could possibly have you sign a photo of you presenting the painting to me? I will,of course bring it with me! LOVE YOU!!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You, Omar, for taking the time to speak to my husband and I at your gallery opening this evening and for posing with us with the painting we got in 1999 at a benefit Art Show for The Agnon School, where our three children attended. You were a special baseball player then, and remain a class act now!
    Thanks Again!
    Robin Douglass

    ReplyDelete